Usability, bells and whistles¶
- It is now possible to checkout from the index as well as from HEAD. This corresponds to the Removed Unstaged Changes action in the Repository Status tool.
- The remote dialogs (fetch, push, pull) are now slightly larger by default.
- Bookmarks can be selected when git cola is run outside of a git repository.
- Added more user documentation. We now include many links to external git resources.
- Added git dag to the available tools. git dag is a node-based DAG history browser. It doesn’t do much yet, but it’s been merged so that we can start building and improving upon it.
- Fixed a missing
importwhen showing right-click actions for unmerged files in the Repository Status tool.
git update-index --refreshis no longer run every time
git cola versionis run.
- Don’t try to watch non-existent directories when using inotify.
git rev-parse --symbolic-full-nameplumbing to find the name of the current branch.
Makefilewill now conditionally include a
config.makfile located at the root of the project. This allows for user customizations such as changes to the prefix variable to be stored in a file so that custom settings do not need to be specified every time on the command-line.
- The build scripts no longer require a
.gitdirectory to generate the
builtin_version.pymodule. The release tarballs now include a
versionfile at the root of the project which is used in lieu of having the git repository available. This allows for
make clean && maketo function outside of a git repository.
- Added maintainer’s
make disttarget to the
- The built-in simplejson and jsonpickle libraries can be
make installby specifying the
standalone=truemake variable. For example,
make standalone=true install. This corresponds to the