Usability, bells and whistles¶
- git cola can now launch sub commands, e.g.:
git cola classic git cola stash git cola fetch git cola push git cola pull git cola tag
- git dag is more responsive when gathering auto-completions.
- Keyboard shortcuts are displayed when the ‘?’ key is pressed.
- Various keyboard shortcuts were added for improved usability.
- The status widget now lists unmerged files before modified files.
- vim-style h,j,k,l navigation shortcuts were added to the status widget.
- A ‘Recently Modified Files…’ tool was added.
- Tools can now be hidden with Alt + # (where # is a keyboard number) and focused with Alt + Shift + #.
- The syntax highlighting colors for diffs was made less intrusive.
- The commit message editor was redesigned to have a more compact and keyboard-convenient user interface.
- Keyboard shortcuts for adding a Signed-off-by (Ctrl + i) and creating a commit (Ctrl + m) were added.
- The status widget was adjusted to use less screen real-estate.
Avoid updating the index when responding to inotify events. This avoids interfering with operations such as git rebase –interactive.
- Create git-dag.pyw in the win32 installer.
- win32 shortcuts now contain explicit calls to pythonw.exe instead of calling the .pyw file directly.
- The ‘Apply Changes from Branch…’ feature was removed. git dag’s ‘Grab File…’ feature used alongside the index/worktree editor is a simpler alternative.